Techweek 2019 once again showcased the inspiring innovation and creative technologies being produced in our country.
SIGNAL put on eight events across Christchurch and Dunedin, which attracted over three hundred guests.
A highlight was Signal’s four Smart City events featuring Tim Packer of Bucketlabs, ex NEC Smart Cities Solutions Team Lead. These events were co-sponsored by SIGNAL and 2Degrees. One of these was an on-campus event, partnering with the University of Canterbury - College of Engineering.
In Dunedin, Tim Packer featured in a Techweek Highlight Event, 'Shaping Dunedin's Future with SmartCity Technologies' Panel Discussion, including Tim Packer, Pete Hodgson, and 'Innovator of the Year 2019' Ian Taylor.
This year Signal hosted Techweek TV in Dunedin on Thursday May 23, with ten sessions showcasing twenty-four local tech specialists and eco-system stalwarts.
A highlight for us was the 'Shift to a tech career in less than a year' TV interview, featuring SHIFT graduates, Julia Pye and Jess Wren, discussing their journey into tech with Signal's SHIFT programme. This session and all Techweek TV 2019 videos are available to watch online.
In the news
Read more about the events covered in the Otago Daily Times during Techweek19:
- Getting connected to the tech experience - Women in Tech event, Saturday 18 May.
- Business is more than a game - Gaming Industry Panel event, Wednesday 22 May.
- Dunedin future as smart city imagined, discussed - Smart City event, Thursday 23 May.
Following the successful AGILE Dunedin day and the Game Development Industry event, Signal will be co-organising and hosting bi-monthly meetups for these sectors. Make sure you subscribe to our social media channels via our website to keep up to date with our events!
Signal Techweek 2019 Events
- Women in Tech (Christchurch & Dunedin)
- Kickstarting Innovation Workshop (Christchurch)
- Game ON! NZ Game Dev Industry insight (Dunedin)
- Product Owners Innovation (Christchurch)
- AGILE 101 for Teachers (Dunedin)
- AGILE Dunedin Day (Dunedin)
- Smart City Technology (Christchurch & Dunedin)
- Discovery Workshop: Innovation for Industry 4.0 (Dunedin)
- Customer Experience as a Driver of Digital Transformation (Dunedin)
- TEXpo 2019 at Otago University and Otago Polytechnic (Dunedin)
- Techweek TV (Dunedin)