The week culminated in the inaugural Dunedin Techweek #TEXpo, Dunedin's first cross-campus collaborative tech showcase. The #TEXpo allowed the general public to engage with over thirty local tech businesses, and over twenty exhibits from staff and students at SIGNAL, Otago University and Otago Polytechnic. A massive thanks to the 30 + Techweek event organisers, and to the amazing speakers and panellists from near and far who shared their insights into a huge variety of areas.
Some Dunedin Techweek highlights:
-The Innovation Panel Discussion with Pete Hodgson, Jacinta Ruru, Julie Curphey and Phil Ker.
- The first Dunedin Women In Tech event celebrating diversity and strengthening networks.
- Heikki Ruomohaa from Finland who talked about hi-tech zero waste initiatives in Finland and Tim Packer from NEC Wellington on his work in Smart Cities.
- Ngai Tahu's incredibly innovative business and cultural ventures were showcased at Innov8HQ
- Over one hundred intermediate and high school girls designed tech driven real-world solutions to real-world problems at Launch!
- MTF hosted Ding Not Thud, an informative and interactive session with speakers Bex Twemlow from Firebrand, John Enlow from TracMap, Jamie Moran, Steve Wood and some of the team from MTF, covering several aspects of customer centred business practice.
- AGILE Dunedin 2018 with guest speakers Shane Hastie, Ant Boobier, Clarke Ching and Sam Laing were joined by Leon Maritz for a morning of presentations and an afternoon of attendee driven discussion around implementation and improvement of AGILE practices for better team collaboration and product management.
Dunedin's Techweek'18 offerings made it the largest calender outside of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, and have assisted in promoting Dunedin as a tech savvy hub of 'innovation that is good for the world'!
Save the date.... NZTechweek'19 has just been confirmed .... May 20 - 26, 2019. If you have any ideas for events, or would like to be involved, please contact Kylie at email@example.com.